Licensing a private school in the Northern Emirates
Ministry of Education is responsible for licensing private schools in the UAE (except in the emirates of Dubai and Abu Dhabi). The following are the conditions required to be met for issuing a licence for a new school:
Requirements for a private school
These are the requirements to be followed by a private school that is applying for a licence.
The school’s location should be suitable for the required activities as per the related executive regulation
The school building should be suitable for educational and training activities and compliant with all health, safety and security conditions
School business shall be limited to related educational and training activities.
Conditions to be met by the applicant
These are the requirements to be followed by an applicant applying to set up a private school.
The applicant has to be a UAE citizen
His age should not be less than 25 years
He must have full civil capacity
He should not have been sentenced to prison for a misdemeanour or a dishonouring or distrust crime, unless he/she is redressed according to law
He has to be able to pay financial liabilities of the school.
Conditions to be met by national companies seeking to establish private educational institutes
- The share of citizen partners should not be less than 51 per cent
- The applicant company has to be registered with the competent official authority
- Its place of business has to be inside the UAE
- Objectives of the company has to include development of educational and training activities
- The applicant company has to be able to pay financial liabilities of the school