U.ae (previously government.ae) is the official portal of the UAE Government, launched in May 2011, by H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The aim of the portal is to act as a single window that provides easy access to all government services. The portal gathers information about federal and local government entities and their services for individuals, visitors, businesses and government.
The mission of the eGovernment is to enhance the competitiveness of the UAE and provide world-class multi-channel services based on the wishes of users, through efficient eGovernance and eParticipation.
The portal represents the official ePresence of the UAE Government. By using the additional Arabic domain (.emarat), it asserts the fact that eTransformation should be in line with the national culture and identity, reaching a wide range of users in the UAE.
The portal's vision
The aim of the portal is to act as a one-stop shop for all government services and information.
The portal's mission
The portal aims to contribute in achieving the UAE Vision 2031 by providing a central channel for comprehensive information and government services, enabling users to accomplish their transactions through a unified platform.
The portal's attributes
The features of U.ae are:
The digital participation section
This section includes forums, blogs, surveys, polls and chatbot in addition to the UAE government entities' social media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Other attributes include a calendar of events and a refined search engine for accurate results.
Scope of the portal
The scope of the official portal of the UAE Government includes:
- Information about federal and local government entities and their services for individuals, visitors, businesses and government
- All of the federal and local government entities
- the UAE's digital pPresence and a reference to international bodies who are interested to know the level of digital transformation of the UAE.
The foundations and framework
H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai launched the portal in 2011 as a key aspect of the eGovernment strategy in the UAE.
The official portal of the UAE government is based on:
- The UAE Cabinet decision on 24 May 2011 to launch the portal to be a single window for all government services, and a platform to facilitate effective communication with the public
- The federal eGovernment strategy
- The UAE Government strategic plan to develop the government services, which contribute to making the UAE among the best countries in the world by 2021
- The UAE Vision 2021 with its 4 principles: united in responsibility, united in destiny, united in knowledge and united in prosperity.
Contact this portal (U.ae) via:
P O Box: 116688.