In the recent past, the UAE held multiple workshops and brainstorming sessions to stimulate customer thought process and get their involvement in terms of feedback and suggestions to enhance government customer service experience.
Government Service Factory
The Government Service Factory (Website in Arabic) was launched with the aim of training the government entities on service designing tools, and taking into account, customer experience. It consisted of a series of workshops, in which government and public raised and developed ideas and then launched a prototype of the services. At each stage, customers were engaged. Focus was given to services in the areas of:
Participating customers provided their recommendations and feedback to improve current and to-be digital systems.
The UX Lab uses a human-centred approach to focus on key areas such as:
- interface design
- quality of information within digital service or system being tested.
During the session, an eye-tracking device is used which generates heat maps and glaze plots. These are analysed to study customer behaviour with the system and work on areas of improvement.
Google analytics and CRM logs are studied to provide useful data in the information gathering phase of service re-design.
Register in the MOHAP UX Lab.
It explores various types of customers and their service needs through every phase of life and works with them to redesign their experience to ease and enrich their lives. The department was led by H. E. Ohood bint Khalfan Al Roumi, the then Minister of State for Happiness and Wellbeing and Director General of the Prime Minister's Office.
Usrati, which means ‘my family’ in English, is a proactive and fully integrated government services platform designed to assist UAE citizens in establishing and supporting their families. The development of the platform was based on a participatory design - there were 7 interactive workshops with the community and more than 40 interactions between agencies and 32 work teams. The platform offers a wide range of government services to cover the various stages of family development and establishment. Stages include marriage, pregnancy, birth and child development and education. You do not need to submit any documents to apply for the service.
The following services are offered through Usrati:
- Marriage certificate – you can view and download your Marriage Certificate
- Family book – you can apply for an electronic Family Book post your marriage
- Marriage grant – you can apply for a Marriage Grant based on a certain eligibility criteria
- Housing assistance – you can apply for a Housing Assistance based on a certain eligibility criteria
- Pregnancy care – you can find useful resources on pregnancy and how to prepare for parenthood
- Mabrouk Ma Yak – you can apply for all of your child's documents and get them delivered to your home
- Paternity leave – you can apply for paternity leave on your child's birth
- Maternity leave – you can apply for maternity leave on your child's birth
- Child allowance – you can apply for child allowance on your child's birth
- Child development survey – you can check whether your child is meeting the developmental milestones by answering this simple survey
- Child education – you can book a seat for your newborn in government schools
- Child care – you can check your child's vaccination history and vaccination plan.
4- Employment bundle (Tawtheef)
Tawtheef is a bundle of services, which enable companies to complete all services related to hiring and employment in one visit only. By applying for Tawtheef, a company can get:
- a quota for the new employee
- an initial approval/a job offer
- a work permit
- a bank guarantee for the new employee after paying permit fees
- a labour contract for the employee.
5- Wedding bundle - Mabrook Ma Dabart
The wedding bundle offers a set of services related to getting married. It includes the issuance of the marriage certificate and a new Family Book in addition to the necessary attestations. The bundle is offered to Muslim UAE nationals and non-UAE nationals residing or visiting the emirate of Dubai. Bundle deliverables will be issued within 1-2 days.
6- The Mawroothna card
Ministry of Climate Change and Environment launched the Mawroothna card for UAE citizens working in the professions of fishing and agriculture. Cardholders can enjoy benefits in the form of discounts at various retail outlets. Through partnerships with various organisations, this initiative aims to promote fishing and agriculture as a profession in the local communities, as they are a central part of the heritage in the United Arab Emirates. Discounts and promotions aim to facilitate their fishing and agriculture requirements.
7- Sanad bundle
Sanad is a bundle service that enables citizens and residents to apply for and obtain a birth certificate and a health card for their newborns in a single transaction.This bundle is offered jointly by Ministry of Health and Prevention and Emirates Health Services.
Apply for Sanad bundle through the website of Ministry of Health and Prevention.
8- Ajr Wa Aafya bundle
Ajr Wa Aafya is a bundle service that enables federal government employees to attest sick leaves and medical reports, and apply for sick leaves on the Human Resources Management Information System ‘Bayanati’ in a single step. This bundle is offered jointly by Ministry of Health and Prevention and Federal Authority for Government Human Resources.
Apply for Ajr Wa Aafya bundle through the website of Ministry of Health and Prevention.
Read about the