Parliament for Emirati Children
In February 2020, The Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood announced the establishment of the Emirati Children’s Parliament under an agreement signed with Federal National Council. The announcement goes in line with the Political Empowerment Programme which the late H. H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the then President of the UAE announced in 2005.
Children Advisory Council
Children Advisory Council is a platform for expressing children’s needs, challenges and vision for their future and the country’s future.
The Council aims to:
- stabilise principles of political participation by giving children the opportunity to express their views on various academic, communal and other issues that concern them
- provide an organisational framework for the exchange of opinions and debate; thus, allowing them to express their ideas, views and aspirations in an environment that raises their confidence and encourages them to speak in an organised and disciplined manner
- instil values of loyalty and patriotism, and reinforce the UAE society’s culture and values
- Develop intellectual and comprehensive skills, respect other’s opinions, raise the spirit of competition and to enrich children’s culture and linguistic wealth, all in order to create a generation of leadership for the future
- Deliver opinions on the educational, health, cultural and social projects pertaining to motherhood and childhood, and reinforce the culture of dialogue among children, and between children and officials.
The Children Advisory Council consists of 9 members, 2 of whom are people of determination. The members represent all children in the UAE.
Read related news coverage on WAM.
Read about the Children Advisory Council’s first meeting.