Before filing a case, whether it is a civil, labour or personal status, the UAE's court system facilitates mediation through committees, which include:
- commercial disputes resolution committees
- family guidance committees
- settlement and reconciliation committees
- rental dispute resolution committees
- labour dispute resolution committees.
These committees aim to solve disputes amicably and reduce the burden of judicial fees. If an amicable settlement is not possible, the litigating party can apply for a 'No objection' letter from the relevant mediation committee and submit a statement of claim to the relevant court. Then, the case is filed to be seen by the judge in the respective Court of First Instance.
Updated on 03 Feb 2020