The UAE is one of the most attractive countries for foreigners to work and live in. Top reasons include tax-free salary, high standard of living, excellent infrastructure, political and economic stability and geographic proximity to many countries in the world.
According to the Expat Insider Survey for the year 2022, which interviewed 11,970 expatriate residents representing 177 nationalities and living in 188 countries or territories, the UAE achieved advanced positions in 4 key pillars and 11 indexes, out of 5 pillars and 17 indexes.
The report included the overall rankings of expatriate destination countries in terms of 5 pillars. The UAE was ranked as follows:
- Expat Essentials Index: 2nd
- Quality of Life Index: 5th
- Working Abroad Index: 5th
- Ease of Settling In Index: 13th
- Personal Finance Index: 34th.
The report revealed that:
- 94 per cent of those surveyed felt safe in the UAE while the global rate was under 81 per cent
- 86 per cent were happy about the available government services, exceeding the global rate by 25 percentage points
- 90 per cent noted that they could use cashless payments while the global rate is 84 per cent
- 78 per cent highlighted the easy access to healthcare services in the UAE, while the global rate is 64 per cent
- 79 per cent noted that living in the UAE advanced their professional prospects while the global average is 65 per cent
- 85 per cent noted that not speaking the local language was not a barrier while the global percentage is 51 per cent
- 83 per cent stressed that administrative procedures are simple and easy, outperforming the global rate of 56 per cent
- 75 per cent said that the process of finding housing was easy while the global rate is 54 per cent
- 83 per cent noted the ease of applying for a residence visa while the global rate is 56 per cent, making the UAE the world’s leading country in this area.
Read related news coverage on WAM.