The updated Dubai Cyber Security Strategy of 2023 builds upon the achievements of the initial strategy in 2017 and aims to achieve the following goals:
- establishing a safe and secure cyberspace
- strengthening Dubai’s digital infrastructure
- accelerating digital transformation and smart city initiatives
- enhancing the emirate’s digital economy
- meeting future needs and boosting Dubai’s digital defence capabilities.
The updated strategy introduces four key pillars. They are:
- A cyber-secure society - this pillar focuses on nurturing cyber skills and facilitating accessible cyber security
- An incubator city for innovation -this pillar focuses on advancing cyber security research, fostering an innovation ecosystem, ensuring secure adoption of emerging technologies and bolstering the assurance ecosystem.
- A resilient cyber city - it aims to shape cyberspace governance, expand the resilient cyber ecosystem, establish effective cyber crisis and incident response mechanisms and fortify resilient cyber infrastructure
- An active cyber collaboration -it emphasises the significance of fostering local collaborations and actively contributing to international cyber security efforts.
The success of the strategy will depend on the diligent efforts of individuals, public and private sector institutions and their close cooperation with the government sector to invest in technology.
Read news coverage on WAM.
Refer to Dubai Electronic Security Center for more information about cyber security and the protection of information in Dubai.