The National Agenda for Entrepreneurship and SMEs aims to establish the UAE as an entrepreneurial nation by 2031. The Agenda includes 29 initiatives aimed at:
- enhancing the business environment and the entrepreneurial mindset in the UAE
- providing an integrated package of incentives that will enable the country to increase the number of its startups to reach one million, incubating ten unicorn startups, and
- achieving a strong partnership between the public and private sectors.
The National Agenda for Entrepreneurship and SMEs has 4 major directives that include:
- strengthening the UAE’s status as a destination for global business and entrepreneurship
- enabling entrepreneurial and SME projects to achieve accelerated growth
- encouraging SMEs and the entrepreneurship sector to innovate and increase productivity
- enhancing the culture of entrepreneurship amongst different sectors of the society.
The Agenda has 7 themes that cover its activities. They are:
- ease of doing business
- business support
- digital transformation
- human capital
- increasing demand.
Read more about Entrepreneurship and SMEs.