Launched in 2021, the UAE’s National Strategy for the Cultural and Creative Industries aims to promote the growth of the cultural and creative industries’ sector and increase its contribution to 5 per cent of the national GDP by 2031. It also seeks to:
- strengthen the UAE’s position on the global cultural and creativity map
- inspire creative thinking and attract cultural talents and creative entrepreneurs from around the world
- double the number of enterprises operating in the sector
- create new jobs in the creative industries
- raise the average income of those employed in this field
- attract freelancers and creative start-ups to set up, live and work in the UAE.
To achieve these objectives, it focuses on 40 initiatives covering three main segments:
- talents and creatives
- professionals and business environment
- enabling the business environment.
The strategy is based on partnerships between the public and private sectors to implement comprehensive programmes. It will enhance the UAE’s position as a global destination for a knowledge-economy based on creativity, innovation, talent and technology.
Read more about the Cultural and Creative Industries Strategy 2021-2031 (PDF, 6.97 MB).