The Government of Abu Dhabi announced a long-term plan for the transformation of the emirate's economy, including a reduced reliance on the oil sector as a source of economic activity over time and a greater focus on knowledge-based industries in the future. Entitled 'Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030', it identifies the following as the Government's immediate economic priorities:
- Building an open, efficient, effective and globally integrated business environment
- Adopting a disciplined fiscal policy that is responsive to economic cycles
- Establishing a resilient monetary and financial market environment with manageable levels of inflation
- Driving significant improvement in the efficiency of the labour market
- Developing a sufficient and resilient infrastructure capable of supporting anticipated economic growth
- Developing a highly skilled, highly productive work force
- Enabling financial markets to become the key financiers of economic sectors and projects.
Read the full text of Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 (PDF, 5MB).