On 24 December 2019, the UAE Government launched the UAE Policy for Advanced Industries. The policy was prepared by Ministry of Energy and Industry in coordination with the UAE’s Industrial Coordination Council and other relevant entities to promote industrialization and the application of fourth industrial revolution across all sectors.
The strategy aims to:
- encourage businesses to adopt and develop futuristic industries and advanced technologies
- promote the competitiveness of local industries on the global level
- push the UAE towards clean and sustainable industries
- attract talent and create jobs for the UAE’s citizens.
The main enablers of the strategy are:
- developing a supportive infrastructure for advanced industrial sectors
- adopting proactive regulations, laws and governance to achieve leadership in advanced manufacturing across industrial sectors
- investing in advanced industries and new technologies
- developing specialised workforce and identifying advanced skills required for industries
- promoting industrial research and development.
Read more on the UAE Policy for Advanced Industries (PDF-2.13 MB).
Read about the performance of the UAE’s industrial sector in the Annual Economic Report - 2019 (PDF, 18.5 MB).
Updated on 19 Feb 2020