The National Sports Strategy - 2031 aims to enhance community sports, competitive sports and the overall sports system in the UAE. Its objective is to promote sustainable growth and prosperity in the country’s sports sector.
By 2031, the National Sports Strategy will implement 17 initiatives to achieve several goals, which include:
- increasing the proportion of people practising diverse sports to 71 per cent of the population
- developing sports professionals
- discovering talented athletes in schools
- upgrading the sports education methodology
- enhancing regulations governing the sports sector.
The strategy seeks to strengthen the UAE's participation in various international tournaments, including the Olympic Games and to establish a global identity for Emirati sports.
The efforts to develop sports professionals align with those of the UAE National Olympic Committee, which focuses on preparing professional athletes for major regional and international competitions.
Read more about sports in the UAE.