What is a business visa?
A business visa is part of the Golden Visa system under which foreigners can obtain a long-term visa for themselves and their dependents. It aims to create an attractive environment for businesses and the UAE’s economic growth.
Professionals from any country with entrepreneurial experience are eligible to apply for the business visa. An eligible entrepreneur is anyone who has set up a business of his own at some point in his career, and wishes to do so again in the UAE.
To obtain the business applicants, you must:
- be able to substantiate your experience as an entrepreneur
- have been a majority shareholder of a start-up or a member of its senior leadership
- be willing to relocate to the UAE and legally establish a business in one of the seven emirates
- have a business idea or a business plan that you wish to bring to life in the UAE.
In addition, applicants must successfully pass the requirements of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, including a background check and health assessment.
Qualifying for the business visa does not guarantee that the applicant will receive the visa. Specialised committees review the application and the attached documents, and grant an approval accordingly. Once approved, the applicant will be required to follow the requirements of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship in order to be issued the visa.
Applying for business visa
In order to apply for a business visa, you will need to have your nomination approved by an incubator supported by the UAE government (currently, AREA2071 in Dubai and HUB71 in Abu Dhabi). Once your nomination has been approved, you will be invited to apply for the visa through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. The procedure for nomination is as follows:
- Visit https://business.goldenvisa.ae and create a new account.
- Once your account is verified, log in and apply for nomination.
- Submit your completed application. The process might take up to 30 days for your application to be reviewed.
- If your nomination is successful, you will receive a link to upload the required documents and complete your application for the visa.
- If your nomination is not approved, please apply again after 90 days.
Once your nomination has been approved, you will be invited to complete the application for the visa through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship’s website. Once completed, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to receive your visa.
If you are residing outside the UAE, you will be given a six-month visa to enter the UAE, explore the opportunities and settle. Before your temporary visa expires, you will be required to convert it into the residency permit.
If you are currently residing in the UAE, you will be given a temporary one-month visa, and will be required to convert it into the residency permit before it expires.
In both cases, you can convert your visas into the residency quickly and conveniently at SERVICES1 in Emirates Towers, Dubai or directly through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Benefits of business visa
Once the visa is issued, the applicant is allowed to:
- enter the country for a period of six months with a multiple-entry visa, to facilitate the procedures of establishing the business
- ·nominate up to three of his business’s senior staff to obtain residency.
All visa holders will be allowed to sponsor their dependents subject to the conditions and requirements as set out by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Updated on 30 Jan 2020