The following categories are entitled to apply for a 10-year residence visa in the UAE.
- The amount invested must not be loaned.
- The investment should be retained for at least three years.
- There should be a financial solvency up to AED 10 million.
Visa can be extended to include business partners, on the condition that each partner contributes AED 10 million.
The long-term visa can include the spouse and children, as well as one executive director and one advisor.
Investors from abroad may apply for a multiple-entry permit for a six-month period.
- 2-Persons with specialised talents
This includes specialised talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, as well as creative individuals in the field of culture and art. The visa advantage extends to the spouse and children. All categories are required to have a valid employment contract in a specialised field of a priority in the UAE.
Granting a visa is subject to the following conditions:
- Scientists must be accredited by Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence.
- Creative individuals in culture and art must be accredited by Ministry of Culture and Youth.
- Inventors must obtain a patent of value, which adds to the UAE's economy. Patents must be approved by Ministry of Economy.
- Exceptional talents must be documented by patents or a scientific research published in a world-class journal.
- Executives must be owners of a leading and internationally recognized company or holders of a high academic achievement and position.
- Doctors and specialists must meet at least two of the following conditions:
- a Ph. D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world (refer to ICA for information)
- an award or certificates of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work
- contribution to a major scientific research in the respective field of work
- published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications in the respective field of work
- membership in an organisation related to the field
- a Ph. D. degree, in addition to 10-year professional experience in his field
- specialisation in areas of priority to the UAE.
Updated on 01 Sep 2021