Who is the Golden visa for?
The Golden visa is for:
Real estate investors can obtain a Golden visa in the UAE if they fulfil one of the following conditions:
- purchase a property worth no less than AED two million or
- purchase a property with a loan from specific local banks or
- buy one or more off-plan properties of no less than AED two million from approved local real estate companies.
Entrepreneurs can obtain a Golden visa if they fulfil one of the following conditions:
- ·own or partner in a start-up registered as a small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the UAE, and the company generates annual revenues of not less than AED one million
- ·obtain an approval for a start-up idea from an official business incubator or from Ministry of Economy or other competent local authorities
- must have founded an entrepreneurial project that was sold for a total amount of not less than AED seven million.
3. Exceptional talents
Inventors, innovators, and exceptional talents in vital fields such as culture, art, sports and digital technology can obtain a Golden visa regardless of their educational qualification, employment status, monthly salary or professional level. The visa requires a recommendation or approval from a federal or local government entity.
4. Scientists and professionals
Scientists and researchers with high achievements and influence in their field can get the Golden visa based on a recommendation from the Emirates Scientists Council. A candidate should have a PhD or a Master's degree in one of the disciplines of engineering, technology, life sciences and natural sciences from the best universities in the world, as well as substantial research achievements.
Professionals or highly-skilled workers with high educational qualifications and professional experience in all disciplines, including medicine, sciences and engineering, information technology, business and administration, education, law, culture and social sciences can get the Golden visa if they:
- have a valid employment contract in the UAE
- are classified in the first or second occupational level as per the classification of Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- have a monthly salary of not be less than AED 30,000.
5. Outstanding students and graduates
High performing students in the UAE’s secondary schools and outstanding graduates from the UAE’s universities and the best 100 universities worldwide can get the Golden visa. Criteria includes academic performance/cumulative average, year of graduation and the university classification.
6. Humanitarian pioneers
Humanitarian pioneers such as the following can get the Golden visa:
- distinguished members of international and regional organisations
- ·outstanding members of associations of public benefit
- recipients of recognition awards in humanitarian fields
- distinguished volunteers and sponsors of humanitarian efforts.
Frontline workers with extraordinary efforts in crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic can also get the Golden visa.