Visa on arrival
30-day visa on arrival
Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace period for extension.
90-day visa on arrival
Citizens of these countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days:
Indian citizens holding a normal passport and either
- a visit visa issued by the USA or
- a green card issued by the USA or
- a residence visa issued by the UK or
- a residence visa issued by the EU
can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days provided that the visas or the green card is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival into the UAE.
Read about the UAE visa requirements for non-US citizens.
Note: Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into the UAE. Lists of countries eligible for visa on arrival may vary from time to time; therefore, please check with the UAE embassy in your country before travelling to the UAE.
Visa on arrival- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai
For more information, please contact:
Pre-arranged entry permits
Anyone who does not have the privilege of getting a visa-free entry or a visa on arrival will require an entry permit prior to arrival into the UAE and someone to sponsor it.
What type of entry permit you need?
The entry permit you need depends on the purpose of your visit. It could be for:
Requirements for an entry permit
These are the requirements for an entry permit:
- You need a sponsor to apply for your entry permit. The sponsor could be:
- an Emirati citizen
- an expatriate resident with valid residency permit in the UAE
- a UAE-based airline
- a UAE-based hotel or tour agent
- a government entity
- companies in the private sector or free zones.
2. Prospective visitors seeking entry permits are required to have a genuine passport, valid for at least six months.
3. A visa ban prohibits a person from entering the country or taking up a new job. Prospective visitors must not have been deported or be banned from entering the UAE in which case, he needs to obtain special permission to re-enter.
Learn about types of visas and entry permits to the UAE.