Criteria for exemption from COVID-19 vaccine
The following categories of people are exempt from COVID-19 vaccine according to Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHaP) and Department of Health - Abu Dhabi (DoH):
- those who are currently infected with COVID-19
- participants of the vaccine’s clinical trials
- pregnant women
- those who were previously infected with COVID-19 (after medical evaluation)
- those who received the COVID-19 vaccine outside the UAE
- those who have experienced severe allergies to vaccines or components of vaccines or those who may have an illness that conflicts with the vaccine
- children below the age of 16.
Read about exempted categories in Dubai in this COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness Guide (PDF, 5 MB).
How to apply for COVID-19 vaccine exemption certificate
In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for an exemption certificate by visiting a medical centre. The centre will submit a report to Department of Health - Abu Dhabi for approval. You will receive a text message on whether your application is approved. If approval is granted, it will be reflected on the Al Hosn app.
In Dubai, contact the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) at toll free number 800342 to learn how to apply for vaccine exemption certificate.
If you are a UAE citizen or resident from the emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain or Ras Al Khaimah, and are eligible for exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine, you can apply for a COVID-19 vaccine exemption certificate to MoHaP.