The National Framework for Sustainable Development represents a comprehensive framework for all approved national strategies, policies and agendas concerned with organising environmental work in the UAE and maintaining a sustainable environment that supports economic growth.
The framework includes 5 main pillars:
- environmental health
- climate change
- living organisms
The National Framework aims to:
- enhance the quality of life in the country
- promote diversification and economic prosperity
- preserve the UAE's ecosystems
- sustain its ecological resources and services
- support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
Read related news coverage on WAM.