National Economic Register (NER) is an integrated platform between the federal and local entities and one of government accelerators initiatives launched during the UAE Government Annual Meetings held in September 2017. NER serves government policies aimed at enhancing the capabilities and enablers of the knowledge-based economy and the integration and sharing of government data at the national level. It enables government entities, businessmen, researchers and customers to get instant, accurate and comprehensive information about existing economic licences, data, statistics, activities and reports.
Being responsible for the eServices index, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) handles system integration of NER in coordination with Ministry of Economy and the local business licensing authorities across the UAE.
Additionally, TRA is mandated to take the challenge of decreasing the time needed for exchange of information between local and national registers and increase the numbers of NER’s users to 55 per cent within a period of 100 days since the launch of the initiative in February 2018.
Objectives of NER
NER aims to:
- achieve integration and the smooth exchange and synchronisation of data between local and national registers
- provide a database on licensed economic sectors in the country including the size and capital invested and accurate statistics and reports to support decision-makers
- serve the government policies towards comprehensive digital transformation
- decrease the time taken to obtain accurate and timely data in NER
- simplify and facilitate access to data for new investors, researchers, government and private entities and consumers within the UAE and abroad
- enhance the economic competitiveness of the UAE and attract more investments.
Services provided by NER
Through NER, one may inquire about a business licence by entering a business name, a licence number or the Economic register number (CBLS) . One may also inquire about a business activity or generate reports on:
List of business licensing authorities in the UAE
Updated on 19 Mar 2020