The UAE’s performance in the 4 main factors is as follows:
- 3rd in government efficiency
- 4th in economic performance
- 7th in business efficiency
- 28th in infrastructure.
The following chart shows the 20 sub-factors and the UAE’s rank in each of those:
Click on the image and zoom in for a larger view.
Image source: IMD World Competitiveness Online
The UAE showed an improvement in 7 sub-factors, including:
- Labour Market (1st place globally)
- Employment (5th globally in)
- Pricing (6th place in)
- Social framework Education
- Technology infrastructure
- Health and the environment
The UAE was ranked 1st in 23 indicators. Some of the indicators are:
- Bureaucracy Absence
- Immigration Laws
- Redundancy Costs
- Low Central Government Foreign Debt
- Tax Evasion
- Collected Personal Income Tax (%)
- Collected Indirect Tax Revenues (%)
- Real Personal Taxes
- The percentage of Females in Parliament
- Labor Force out of the total population
- Working Hours
- Competent Senior Managers
- Industrial Disputes and Foreign Labor Force
- Dependency Ratio
- Public-Private Partnership and Environmental Laws.
The UAE was ranked among the top 5 in 59 indicators and in top 10 in 106 indicators.
Read the news coverage on WAM and Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Centre.
Updated on 20 Dec 2020