The UAE Tourism Strategy 2031 comes under the ‘Projects of the 50’ as one of the biggest projects of the next years. The strategy aims to:
- raise the tourism sector’s contribution to the GDP to AED 450 billion, with an annual increase of AED 27 billion
- strengthen the position of the UAE as one of the best destinations in the world for tourism
- boost competitiveness by attracting AED 100 billion as additional tourism investments
- welcome 40 million hotel guests.
The strategy includes 25 initiatives and policies to support the development of the UAE’s tourism sector. It is based on 4 key directions:
- strengthening the unified national tourism identity
- developing and diversifying specialised tourism products
- building tourism capabilities and encouraging the contribution of national cadres in the tourism sector
- increasing investments in all tourism sectors.
The National Tourism Strategy 2031 comes in cooperation between Ministry of Economy and various local and federal entities and institutions, including Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security, UAE Central Bank, General Civil Aviation Authority, the UAE’s airlines, World Tourism Organization, a number of international companies and Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Centre.
Read related news coverage on WAM.
Discover the World Coolest Winter in the UAE.