The UAE’s Green Agenda - 2030 is a long-term plan to achieve the goals of sustainable development in the UAE and make its economy more environment-friendly. It has strategic objectives and includes various programmes and initiatives to achieve them.
The agenda has the following five objectives:
- competitive knowledge economy
- social development and quality of life
- sustainable environment and valued natural resources
- clean energy and climate action
- green life and sustainable use of resources.
By 2030, the UAE Green Agenda aims to achieve the following:
- increase the UAE’s GDP by 4 to 5 percent
- increase its exports by about AED 24 to 25 billion
- reduce the country’s emissions to less than 100 kilowatt-hours.
Read more about the UAE’s Green Agenda - 2030 (PDF, 313 KB).
Find strategies, reports, studies and guides on the UAE’s green development and environment from Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MoCCaE).
Visit the UAE’s portal for Sustainable Development Goals 2030.