The Fifty-Year Charter was declared by H. H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai on 6 January 2019, the day he completed 50 years of service to the nation.
The Charter includes nine articles which aim to shape the future of Dubai, develop its community, enhance its quality of life and ensure a good future for generations to come through the following projects and programmes:
- Dubai Silk Road
- a geo-economic map for Dubai
- setting up the first virtual commercial city
- a central education file for every citizen
- a doctor for every citizen
- free economic and creative zones in universities
- self-sufficiency in Dubai homes
- cooperative companies in various sectors
- annual growth in philanthropy.
Read more about the goal of each project of the Fifty-Year Charter (PDF, 300 KB).
The Fifty-Year-Charter will be renewed on 4 January every year.
Updated on 20 Apr 2021