Dubai’s Food Security Strategy is aligned with the National Food Security Strategy and aims to:
- diversify sources of food import
- enhance local production
- reduce food wastage
- enhance food safety and quality and
- build the emirate’s preparedness to face crises.
The strategy classifies food products on their
- nutritional content
- importance of the product for consumers
- level of demand and
- whether they are irreplaceable and are used as raw material for other products.
The strategy depends on Dubai’s strong infrastructure and position as a strategic global logistics hub for its success.
Read related news coverage on WAM.
Updated on 25 Jul 2022