Environment Vision 2030 (PDF) for the emirate of Abu Dhabi was developed to ensure integration among the three pillars of sustainability: environmental, economic and social vision. It aims to preserve and enhance Abu Dhabi's natural heritage in the efficient use of resources and contributing to a better quality of life for all.
Environment Vision 2030 identifies the following 5 priority areas:
- Climate change - minimising the impact of climate change
- Clean air and noise pollution - contributing to safe and healthy living conditions
- Water resources - efficient management and conservation of water resources
- Biodiversity, habitats and cultural heritage - conserved for current and future generations
- Waste management - enhanced value creation through optimised material flows and waste management.
The priority areas are further divided into sub-priorities, which in turn are further divided into environmental outcomes. Each outcome has three values assigned to it:
- Current value - this refers to values of the state of environment in 2010
- Threshold value - this refers to a realistic target to be achieved by 2030
- Sustainability value - this refers to the ultimate desirable target for the state of environment in order to be sustainable.
Updated on 20 Apr 2021