The Abu Dhabi Comprehensive Strategy for People of Determination 2020-2024 addresses the needs of people of determination in the areas of health, rehabilitation, education, employment, social care and social security, as well as social engagement, sports, culture and tourism.
The strategy also focuses on creating an accessible and enabling environment in buildings, facilities, transportation, housing and other services. Overall, the strategy addresses key enablers including quality of services and financial sustainability to support the people of determination and their families within an integrated framework that enables their social participation.
The Comprehensive Strategy for People of Determination is in line with the 2030 plan for the social sector, which involves three major components:
- to provide all members of the community with a good standard of living and housing in the emirate of Abu Dhabi
- to build cohesive family units as an essential part of a tolerant and inclusive community that enables all community members, in order to create a happy and secure environment
- to create an active and responsible community by motivating individuals to participate in helping in the community, and to stay active and health conscious.
The strategy will be implemented by six working teams. They are:
- Health and rehabilitation team led by Department of Health
- Education team led by Department of Education and Knowledge
- Employment team led by Human Resources Authority
- Social Care team led by Zayed Higher Organization for People of Determination
- Accessibility team led by Department of Municipalities and Transport
- Enablers team led by Department of Community Development.
The Comprehensive Strategy for People of Determination 2020-2024 was launched in September 2020 by Department of Community Development (DCD) in Abu Dhabi, with the participation of over 28 local and federal government entities.
Read news coverage on WAM.
Updated on 25 Jul 2022