National Youth Agenda
The UAE National Youth Agenda aims to promote youth development and engagement in 5 main phases of transition towards adulthood. From ages 15 to 35, youth undergo critical development in
- learning for life and work
- developing a productive working life
- adopting a healthy and safe lifestyle
- starting a family
- exercising citizenship.
The Agenda outlines 5 key objectives to achieve the transition. They are:
- inquisitive youth who are educated for life and work
- productive and entrepreneurial youth who realise their full potential
- healthy and safe youth who are protected from harm
- responsible and stable youth who plan for their future
- patriotic and value-driven youth who embody the UAE’s identity and culture.
Read more about the Agenda’s development and goals on the Youth Agenda website.
UAE National Youth Strategy
Launched by Federal Youth Authority, the National Youth Strategy is a ‘two-pronged’ approach aimed to:
- define the overall strategic priorities of the youth sector
- partner with related government ministries to articulate and address youth needs, challenges and opportunities.
Federal Youth Authority has built a holistic set of tools and platforms to engage with, empower and raise the voice of youth inside and outside the UAE.
Read how UAE youth were engaged in the past 3 years through:
Find more information on the website dedicated to the UAE’s youth.
Updated on 16 Jan 2020