In March 2018, the UAE government approved the National Family Policy launched by Ministry of Community Development. The policy seeks to achieve main five goals:
- building Emirati families’ capability of coping with challenges in a marriage
- promoting the stability of family life for generations to come
- providing a healthy environment to support the Emirati family in coping with the stress of life
- raising the capabilities of the Emirati family and its responsibilities towards its society and the country, its national identity and UAE’s values and morals
- achieving happiness for the Emirati family through family cohesion.
The policy includes six components:
- family relations
- balance of roles
- child protection
- family protection
- re-engineering the provision of family services to achieve family happiness.
Read more on the UAE National Family Policy (PDF in Arabic).
Updated on 16 Jan 2020