In November 2018, during the UAE Government’s second Annual Meetings, Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation launched the National Employment Strategy 2031.
The strategy aims to support the government’s efforts to build a knowledge-based economy by:
- empowering labour productivity and providing national human resources with the skills required for the labour market
- increasing the number of research and development (R&D) personnel
- promoting entrepreneurship
- promoting lifelong learning programmes
- training on future skills and skill development programmes
- focusing on attracting talent by enhancing knowledge and cultural diversity.
The strategy also seeks to increase the participation of the UAE’s citizens in the labour market by enhancing women’s participation and increasing Emiratisation rates in value-added economic sectors such as:
- storage sectors
- financial, health and educational sectors
- artificial intelligence
- digital transactions
- advanced science.
The ministry expects that the total national force working in the government and private sectors will grow to about 610,000 by 2031.
Read news coverage relating to the launch of the National Employment Strategy 2031 on WAM and Gulf News.
Updated on 12 Oct 2021