National Strategy for the Year of Giving is a noble plan to sustain charitable efforts of the UAE and its people. In line with the UAE’s history of giving, the strategy aims to build a sustainable practice of giving in the new generations.
H. H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, announced dedicated the Year of Giving along with all its initiatives and activities to the UAE martyrs in memory of their heroic deeds and in appreciation of their sacrifices. The President's directive aims to instil the values of generosity and selflessness, which the martyrs exemplified, across the nation.
National Strategy for the Year of Giving comprises 1,000 initiatives and strategic projects and it encompasses six tracks. The tracks are:
- corporate social responsibility
- humanitarian organisations
- legislative system and government policies
- serving the nation.
Each of the six tracks represents a specific objective.
- The first track aims to reinforce the concept of corporate social responsibility in the private sector and consolidate its role as a key partner of the government’s efforts to achieve sustainable development.
- The second track promotes the spirit of volunteerism in the UAE through launching specialized volunteering programs among various segments of society.
- The third track enhances the desire to serve the nation through emphasizing the responsibility of individuals to contribute to the prosperity of the nation.
- The fourth track supports the development of humanitarian organizations in the UAE.
- The fifth track seeks to establish a comprehensive legislative framework to enhance the governance of charity work with the ultimate goal of ensuring the sustainability of humanitarian and charity activities.
- The purpose of the sixth and final track is to leverage the role of the media in supporting the Year of Giving and promoting its initiatives.
H. H. Mohammad bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister of Cabinet Affairs and the Future and Chairman of the National Committee for the Year of Giving will supervise the implementation of National Strategy for the Year of Giving.
Read more about the National Strategy for the Year of Giving.
Updated on 11 May 2022