The UAE Cabinet approved the National Strategy for Motherhood and Childhood 2017-2021 (PDF, 2.93 MB, Arabic) as a key reference for decision-makers in the childhood sector in the UAE. By launching this strategy for five years (2017-2021), the UAE emphasises on the UAE’s commitment to protect children’s rights.
The National Strategy for Motherhood and Childhood covers five strategic goals. They are:
- enhancing the right of children and mothers to get comprehensive healthcare in a sustainable health environment
- enhancing child protection under an integrated comprehensive system
- enhancing child rights to good quality education, which develops their personalities and mental and physical capabilities
- supporting effective participation of children in different aspects of life
- developing policies and programmes based on evidences and accurate information to protect child rights.
Updated on 16 Jan 2020