According to the UAE’s National Program for Advanced Skills, advanced skills include soft skills and technical skills. Soft skills are classified into three main categories with several skills under each of them. The soft skills are:
- foundational literacies in science, technology and finance
- competencies literacies which include critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration
- character qualities which include adaptability, leadership, social and cultural awareness, empathy and growth mindset.
The programme targets three main segments, which are:
- students of the K-12 education system
- graduates with 15 years of experience
- employees with more than 15 years of experience.
The National Program for Advanced Skills has an interactive self-assessment game called 'Future Fit' which enables individuals to assess themselves and discover which of the skills they are most proficient in and then goes on to help them improve in the other skills that are outlined.
Learn about the other initiatives of the National Program for Advanced Skills.
The Advanced Skills Council, which is made up of nine federal and local government entities is tasked with overseeing relevant policies, programmes and initiatives to inspire the community and provide opportunities for all groups to acquire advanced skills and lead their own development through lifelong learning.
Read more about:
Updated on 22 Mar 2020