In January 2021, the UAE Cabinet approved the ‘National Policy for Quality of Digital Life’ which aims to maintain a safe digital community in the UAE and promote a positive identity through appropriate digital interactions.
The policy comprises 11 initiatives linked to the following four key pillars:
- Digital capacities - building the capacities of members of the community and enabling them to use the internet in a risk-aware manner
- Digital behaviour - consolidating positive digital values and behaviours
- Digital content - guiding the community to use positive content
- Digital communication - protecting users from the risks of dealing with suspicious parties.
The policy is supported by the following four strategic initiatives:
- Digital Life Quality Knowledge Platform - the platform aims to build the digital capacities of community members with focus on parents, teachers, people of determination and senior citizens.
- Positive Digital Citizenship Values and Behaviours Code - aligned with the UAE’s spirit of tolerance and pluralism, the code aims to reinforce the country’s quality of digital life and create a safe and positive digital community.
- The Digital Life Quality Approach Initiative - it aims to integrate digital citizenship issues into school curricula; from nursery to the Grade 12 in various subjects.
- The Sannif initiative for assessing eGames content - it aims to enable parents to learn about eGames and assess their impact on their children.
Read related news coverage on WAM.
Updated on 12 Oct 2021