Ministry of Education launched a strategic plan for 2017-2021 to develop an innovative education system for a knowledge and global competitive society. Such education system will include all age groups to meet future labour market demand. It shall ensure quality of the output of Ministry of Education and provide best services for internal and external customers.
The new plan is based on the following values:
citizenship and responsibility
the principles and values of Islam
commitment and transparency
equality and justice
participation and accountability
science, technology and innovation.
Ministry of Education set several goals in its plan to be achieved by 2021. They include:
- Ensure inclusive quality education including pre-school education
- Achieve excellent leadership and educational efficiency
- Ensure quality, efficiency and good governance of educational and institutional performance, including the delivery of teaching
- Ensure a safe, conducive and challenging learning environment
- Attract and prepare students to enrol in higher education internally and externally, in the light of labour market needs
- Strengthen the capacity for scientific research and innovation in accordance with the quality, efficiency and transparency standards
- Provision of quality, efficient and transparent administrative services, in accordance with the related standards
- Establish a culture of innovation in an institutional working environment.
Visit the Education section for information on education system in the UAE.
Updated on 16 Jan 2020