Emirates Labour Market Award
Launched in 2023, Emirates Labour Market Award will recognise the efforts of the private sector establishments, leading businesspersons and employees, and successful practices in the UAE’s labour market.
The award aims to:
- enhance the competitiveness of the UAE’s labour market
- honour leading practices in the work environment and protect employees’ rights
- enhance the wellbeing and quality of life of the workforce of the private sector
- increase the productivity and efficiency of the UAE’s labour market.
The award includes three main categories:
- establishments - this category acknowledges establishments that have adopted the best practices for its human resources
- workforce – under this category, award will be given to the workforce that has served the UAE’s businesses and community
- business services partners – this category will recognise business services agencies, and recruitment and employment agencies that have developed the best-in-class labour market practices.
The first edition of the award is open for registration from 1 June 2023 until 31 August 2023. Apply through the official website of the award.
Read news coverage about the launch of the award on the website of Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
Make it in the Emirates Awards
Make it in the Emirates Awards from Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology will honour organisations and individuals who are shaping the future of the industrial sector by highlighting their innovations, excellence and achievements. It also seeks to inspire others to follow their footsteps and contribute to the objectives of the UAE’s National Industrial Strategy.
Make it in the Emirates Awards includes ten categories under four main pillars as follows:
- factory of the future
- In-Country Value (ICV) contribution
- industry enablers
- leadership and talent.
It is open to any company or individual that meets the criteria of any of the awards’ categories.
Learn more about Make it in the Emirates Awards and how to apply.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony held at the annual Make it in the Emirates Forum.
UAE Award for Market Leadership
The UAE Award for Market Leadership aims to recognize the efforts of the private sector enterprises, honour leading businessmen and employees, and highlight the competitiveness of the country’s labour market.
The Nafis award
The Nafis award is given to private sector establishments that excel in hiring UAE nationals. It also honours talented Emiratis in the private sector, who prove to be an effective force in various economic sectors.
The award aims to encourage companies to increase Emiratisation rates. It seeks to motivate the UAE nationals to join the private sector and contribute to the national economy.
It is given in three categories which are:
- private companies that are registered on the Nafis platform and achieve Emiratisation targets
- Emirati employees and trainees in the private sector who show excellent performance and continuous learning, adaptation and positive citizenship, results and achievements
- strategic government and semi-government partners of the Emirati Talent Competitiveness Council for their efforts in achieving the Council’s vision with regards to Emiratisation.
The results of the first cycle of the award will be announced during the first quarter of 2023.
Read more about the Nafis award and the steps to apply.
Find Nafis Awards Guide (PDF, 2.67 MB)
Read news coverage on WAM.
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award (MRM) was established in 2005 to embrace all GCC businesses in the journey of excellence. It aims to recognise and celebrate the success of these organisations who are leading the way to establish new business excellence standards and whose continuous and outstanding achievements serve as an inspiration for all like-minded organisations across the GCC.
Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Young Business Leaders
Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Young Business Leaders is instituted by Mohammed Bin Rashid Establishment for the development of small and medium enterprises, to establish a competitive environment for entrepreneurs in the UAE and abroad, to honour exceptional business and individual pioneers and reward their contribution to the development of the SMEs in the UAE and the Arab world.
Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award
The Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award (SKEA) was launched by Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 1999 as a blue print, a roadmap and a methodology for continuous improvement aimed at enhancing the competitiveness of the business sector in Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
UAE Emiratisation Award
The UAE Emiratisation Award was launched in 2017 with an aim to boost the participation of national human resources in the private sector. Emiratis would be trained and made capable for jobs. Such Emiratisation will contribute to achieve relevant indicators of the National Agenda.
Updated on 10 Jul 2023