Creating and maintaining a sustainable and diversified economy is a component of 'United in Knowledge, a pillar of Vision 2021. Vision 2021 states: (By the year 2021,) The UAE will benefit from a sustainable and diversified economy, flexible in adopting new economic models, and capitalising on global economic partnerships to guarantee long-term prosperity for current and future generations of Emiratis.
Developing a 'competitive knowledge economy' is one of the pillars of National Agenda in line with Vision 2021. The Government is focusing on the UAE becoming the economic, touristic and commercial capital for more than two billion people. To achieve this, the Government has set 12 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). They are:
- Non-oil real GDP growth
- Gross National Income (GNI) per capita
- Net Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment as a percentage of GDP
- Global Competitiveness Index
- Share of UAE nationals in the workforce
- Ease of Doing Business Index
- Emiratisation Rate in the private sector
- SME's contribution to non-oil GDP
- Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index (GEDI)
- Global Innovation Index
- Share of 'knowledge workers' in the labour force
- Research and development expenditure as a percentage of GDP.
Updated on 20 Apr 2021