A trade name distinguishes one business from another. It also reflects the nature and the form of the business. An investor can apply for the trade name through the economic department in each emirate, through its website or mobile application.
Provisions for selecting the trade name:
The trade name must:
- be followed by the business structure acronym (legal form of the company) such as: LLC, EST, PJSC, PrJSC
- not violate the public morals or the public order of the country
- be compatible with the required type of activity and the legal status of the company or business entity
- not contain names of any religion, or governing authority, nor names or logos of any external bodies
- not have been previously registered.
During the application process, you will be issued a payment voucher or a transaction number, which you will need to use as a reference when you pay.
- The local department of economic development registers the trade name, while Ministry of Economy registers the trademark.
- Trade name certificates are renewable.