CSR UAE Fund
CSR UAE Fund is a federal authority setting the framework and governance for Corporate Social Responsibility in the UAE while managing and directing contributions from the business sector towards national priority initiatives. It has metrics in place to rank and reward active businesses in CSR on a country level. It is also an enabler for relevant authorities to enhance and regulate socially responsible practices within corporations and business entities.
CSR UAE Fund was formed under the UAE Ministerial Cabinet Decision No. 2 for 2018- PDF- 3.71 MB (Available in Arabic only). His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum launched the CSR UAE smart platform on November 26, 2019.
To establish the United Arab Emirates as a global leader in corporate social responsibility.
To establish a platform that encourages the business sector to actively engage in socially responsible practices that lead to a positive economic, social and environmental impact in line with the UAE's priorities and sustainable development goals.
- increase community awareness of social responsibility
- activate sustainable development partnerships between the public and private sector
- develop social responsibility frameworks to regulate and enhance social responsibility
- create a reward system for corporations and business entities
- direct corporate contributions towards sustainable development projects in line with UAE priorities and the sustainable development goals.